At Adams Muziekcentrale you can overhaul your Cornet, we specify three categories of overhauling:
- Internal cleaning, oil valves / cylinders and greasing pumps.
- Internal cleaning, oil valves / cylinders and greasing pumps. Make valves, cylinders and pumps standard.
- Internal cleaning, oil valves / cylinders and greasing pumps. Make valves, cylinders and pumps standard. Remove play from cylinders, new springs, felts and corks.
In addition to revising the Cornet, we also carry out repairs. Dent removal in bells happens here daily. Have you dropped or bumped your Cornet?
Please visit us with your Cornet and we will have it repaired.
Do you have a lot of scratches on your Cornet and do you want to lacquer them? This is of course also possible with us. Please note, for the lacquering of the Cornet, the instrument must be undented In case we have to fix this, we have to calculate a surcharge for these actions. For lacquering your instrument you can choose from: high-gloss lacquer (colorless), a matt lacquer, gold lacquer, vintage look lacquer (antique lacquer), for other colors or special requests please contact us.
Silver plating your Cornet
The same conditions apply to silver plating as for lacquering your Cornet. In addition to 'normal' silver plating, you can also opt for matt silver plating of the instrument.
In addition to silver plating and lacquering your instrument, you can also have your mouthpieces silver- or gold plated. Contact us about the costs and possibilities. We can also make a plastic rim on the mouthpiece or a screw-on rim.
Valve reconstruction and valve alignment
Valve reconstruction makes your valve cylindrical in shape and fits perfectly in the valve housing so that your valve runs smoothly. The valves are then nickel-plated. You can also choose valve alignment, valve alignment ensures that the passages in the valve connect seamlessly to the valve pumps. This results in better control of the instrument.
Supports and stands
If you need extra support while playing your cornet, you can request us to develop a personalized support to promote your playing pleasure.
For your Cornet we can also make the following adjustments to your instrument:
- Shorten main tuning pump
- Install additional water valve
- Install additional valve (on request)
- Conversion from right-handed to left-handed (on request)
In tradition with innovation, development and improvement, the Adams Research Department discovered a revolutionary process to give brass wind instruments an absolute added value: the instrument modification or treatment.
In the manufacture of copper instruments, stresses arise from forcing, bending and soldering. The alloy of the instrument is constantly under stress during this production process. The instrument modification aims to release these stresses. One treatment is enough to maintain lasting results for the entire life of the instrument.
The technique can be applied to all metal-alloy instruments, all alto saxophones, soprano saxophones, tenor saxophones and baritone saxophones. Furthermore, the same technique can be applied to the necks of the saxophones.
- playing comfort increases thanks to easier 'addressing'
- the start is more direct, cleaner and more accurate
- the entire tone, especially in the high register, becomes richer, fuller and continues to sound 'open'