Workshop Alexander Techniek by Helga Henckens
Friday 21 April 2023 | 11:00 - 12:30 | Room D
Helga Henckens (Belgium) worked as a teacher and as director in a Freinet primary school. Her interest in dance, singing and theatre and the link between body, mind and mouvement brought her towards eastern techniques such as Tai-Chi, Qi Gong, Buqi as well Body Mind Centering.
From her experience as danser, she also offers dancing/movement classes based on the principles of the Alexander technique.
- takes you along in a learning process to move more easily with less effort
- teaches you that your body will function well, when you use it well
- deals with “bad” habits and offers you the means to come to a better and more consciously way of moving
- works with respect to the natural mechanisms of our skeleton and muscles and improves the well being of our body
- is accessible for all those who choose for coordinated thinking and movement in day to day activities
- makes the psycho-physical “being” more harmonious and our energy consumption more balanced
- is being taught in individual lessons. The teacher guides the pupil with verbal instructions and specific contact/touches which are inherent to the technique